There are several occasions when you have to travel abroad with your pet. In this regard it is must to know that how can you actually take the pets abroad with you. The following steps are taken into consideration in order to move the pet along with you.
1. The pet movement rules are not same in all the countries. They vary from country to country. Similarly, the rules differ from animal to animal as well. While transporting pets overseas from Australia you need to consider the rules in your country and the rules that are applicable in the country where you are heading. The destination country also has rules according to the country from where you are coming. Check with the consulate of the destination country. Check for the animals that you can take along with you. The pet rules are also there on the related websites of the destination country. Thus, it becomes easy to sketch you plan with the help of these considerations. This gives an idea of the do’s and the don’ts.
2. Check for the prevailing weather conditions and the forecast. Get a detailed account of the environment. Call the people that you know in that locality. If you have friends or family members living there get complete information about the region. It is important to know if there is some animal care centres around so that you can take the assistance when it is required.
3. In case you are importing the pet abroad then it is essential to prove that the animal is healthy. This is done with the help of the medical checkups and tests. Complete these tests completely. For some countries the process can take several months before the animal is actually imported. Usually for the cats and dogs are recommended to have a microchip, complete blood reports and the rabies vaccination for the import permission.
4. There are vets in every country that will help you prepare your pet for moving abroad. They would let you know if there is any health issue. At the same time the vets would help in resolving the problems too.
5. Before making the booking coordinate with the airline. Different airlines have different demands and requirements. Unless they are fulfilled they would not allow you to send the animal to the other side of the border. Make a comparative study of different airlines and check which one suits you the most.
Above all this doesn’t believe on what people say. It is essential to get all the information on your own. Just listening to others can cause confusions and distractions. Thus, be a vigilant pet importer and perform all the tasks on your own.